Start Birding Indoors
There’s so much you can learn about birds and how to birdwatch while staying warm and snug indoors. From time to time I run indoor classes and courses which enable you to learn about birds and make use of those dark, winter days.
Join an indoor course and discover a bird’s story; where individual species go, where they breed and how they travel long distances. Learn how and why they sing and what happens after the breeding season. You’ll also learn how to plan your own trips and how to read a landscape so that you will know which birds to expect. You’ll know more about binoculars and how to choose the right field guide for you.
Beginners birdwatching classes cover the following subjects:-
- Binoculars: understanding the tools of the trade
- Choosing a good field guide
- Developing your identification skills
- The parts of a bird and the importance of note taking
- Learning bird songs and calls
- How to attract more birds into your garden
- Where to watch birds
- Understanding the role of conservation organisations
- Birding in safety and comfort.
Further courses take the subject to another level, looking at how birds adapt to their environment, migration and how weather can have an effect on the movement of birds.
Or Learn OutdoorsGroup classes run throughout the year – available from 2 hours to a full day. Outdoor Learning
Treat someone to a one-to-one birdwatching session from as little as £40 (2hrs). Alternatively, pay for someone to attend a group walk – prices start at £15.Gift Vouchers